- The Global Forum of Spiritual and Parliamentary Leaders held five conferences throughout the 1990s in Oxford, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Jericho*, Kyoto, and Konya.
Among its guests and speakers were:
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Nobel Laureate and political and spiritual leader
- Mikhail Gorbachev, President of the Soviet Union/Russia and Nobel Laureate
- Grand Mufti Sheikh Ahmad Kuftaro of Syria
- Mother Theresa, Nobel Laureate and Catholic nun
- Wangari Maathai, Nobel Laureate and environmental activist
- Elie Wiesel, Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor
- Al Gore, then US Vice President and Nobel Laureate
- Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and science educator
- Javier Perez de Cuellar, then UN Secretary General
- John Denver, musician and environmental activist
These major conferences are considered to have solidified the idea of a “global conscience” and preceded major tectonic shifts of power in each region.